Friday 17 September 2010

Makeover!

I make a lot of my own clothes. More frequently, I make new clothes out of old clothes. Recently I bought this:
It's a men suit jacket, size 41 (£3.50! Go charity shops!). Originally I was going to make a sort of A-line pinafore dress out of it, but then I started thinking of all the other things I could make and now I can't decide. I could make the dress, or I could simply alter the jacket to fit me and have a nice pinstripe jacket for work; or I could cut it a bit differently, to a vintage design and have a vintage style coat for work. I could turn it into a warm winter-type jacket, a shirt, or abandon clothes altogether and make it into a laptop bag or a shoulder bag. This is where you come in: I want you to vote on what I should make this jacket into.

Whatever I make I'll document the transformation here, with instructions. Call it the first in a series of tutorials in Makeover fashion. Some of the options listed above are pretty complicated so I'm going to give you three choices:

1.) A dress
2.) A vintage-style jacket for work
3.) A shoulder bag


Voting closes one week from today at noon GMT.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I vote for a dress - I'd love to see how that would be done.

The_EmilyB said...

I say vintage style jacket - cuz I want to see how that all goes down. And cuz I think it'll be cute on you!

Kate said...

A dress, definitely.