Wednesday 25 July 2012

Earworm

Everyone gets songs stuck in their head.

I tend towards theme tunes. Specifically 80's theme tunes.

Dallas. The A-Team. MASH. GI Joe. Jem. Rainbow Brite.

Doesn't have to be something I've heard in the last twenty years, doesn't even have to be something I know all the words to. Currently I have the first 40 seconds or so of Dallas on a loop and I can't seem to get rid of it. Lady Felicity is going to kill me on Monday, but I don't think I've seen an episode of Dallas since about 1990-something. Not a full one anyway. And that was only because I was putting off an essay on Chaucer and the Lollards and TNN was having a marathon.

The human brain is a hoarder of useless information. MY brain in particular. If this is my superpower, I feel slightly cheated.

This post has little point, other than to share my agony with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pygwaX2VNzQ


No comments: