Thursday 27 January 2011

Overheard

On the train.


Three girls: Girl in School Uniform (GiSU), Girl with Pink Scrunchie (GwPS), Short Girl in Muddy Trainers (SGiMT)


GiSU: I don't know why people watch the X-Factor.
GwPS: I'm not having this conversation with you again. Some people. Like. It.
GiSU: They can like it, I just don't get it.
SGiMT:  (kicking back of seat, dry mud falling all over other trainer) I don't understand Music.


(GiSU & GwPS stare at her.)


GiSU: Well, the X-factor isn't really what I'd call music.
SGiMT: No but, like it's all just noise, innit? Like why would people listen to it?
GwPS: What? Listen to the X-factor?
SGiMT: No. Music. Like why do you listen to music. What's the point. It's all just...I don't know. It's all noise. I don't get it.


(Long pause)


GiSU: I don't get you.

No comments: